Monday, June 24, 2013

Strawberry Picking & Freezer Jam

Good Monday Morning ! Hope you had a great weekend ! Yesterday , we went strawberry picking at Thompsons Strawberry Farm. This is the same place we pick raspberries and pumpkins. We picked 6 containers of strawberries... 4 for me and 2 for my 2 oldest kids.
We made starwberry freezer jam out of 3 of my containers of strawberries , and we kept one to eat.
Our Walmart was out of this kind of Sure Jell , so I tried what they had and didn't like it and went to another store to get this. If you have never made freezer jam , it is very easy, especially if you use this box :) I follow the freezer jam recipe inside the box, you just mash your berries , add the sugar , and cook this pectin with water ..mix together and put in containers.

The youngest grandson had to taste every berry we put in the boxes.. he was so funny.

The two brothers .. you can see the strawberry face and shirt on the little one :)
This was our pickings from yesterday , aren't they gorgeous ?
I took this photo on Saturday night .. He loved the popsicle , and the faces he made were hysterical :)

We made another trifle.. This one has banana pudding , I used 2 pkgs of instant jello pudding. Whipped heavy cream, bananas and vanilla wafers. Got to love this photo with the vacuum and everyones shoes in the background :) Thats real life around here !
Hope you have a great week ! !
 
Thanks as always for visiting and your nice comments !
linking to :http://daisycottagedesigns.blogspot.com/
http://www.jannolson.blogspot.com/

11 comments:

Mary Ann said...

The grandson photos are precious... and I know what I'm making this week! FREEZER jam... instead of hot, hot canning! Thanks!

Kris said...

Those photos of Bretton in the strawberry fields are priceless!! And the popsicle picture.....oh my gosh...so cute!! Those strawberries look so good, and the jam, wow!!!
xo Kris

Carol said...

What a great photo of your youngest grandson looking at his strawberry, Priscilla... What a little doll!!

I've never made freezer jam, but my MIL makes it each year and passes on some to us. One of these years I'll have to try it myself--you make it sound very easy :)

Vonna Pfeiffer said...

I love freezer jam...oh yum! Looks delicious!
And those sweet little boys :) Cuties!

Barbara F. said...

Beautiful berries and jam. And that trifle looks luscious. xo

Debra at HOMESPUN: http://www.thehomespun.com said...

I forgot ALL about strawberries and jam due to the adorable kids stealing the show! :)

Anonymous said...

Your grandsons are precious.

I made some jam too but I did a small batch since last time I made too much. I made just 4 jars and put the rest of the strawberries in the freezer. So much fun.

annies home said...

love your blog background oh so patriotic gives it a homey feeling. I also love the recipeyou shared oh so yummy

Catherine said...

Love the strawberry and Popsicle faces!!

Barb said...

Love those Grandson photos!! What a strawberry expert!The jam looks yummy!

Astri said...

Oh yum - I am so glad I stopped by. You are always up to something good!