Tuesday, October 1, 2013

Halloween Front Door 2013

 My Front Door is all decorated for Halloween ! I participated in Joann Fabrics #spookyspaces event.  What better for a #spookyspaces craft than my front door. The wreath supplies can all be found at Joann Fabrics !
 I started with a round straw wreath ,( I do not remove the plastic covering) and some black and white stripe decomesh. I made 2 rows of loops , gathering the decomesh about every 6 inches. Pinning with floral pins and hot gluing over the pin for security.I started on the inside of the wreath going all the way around . then made another row of the decomesh loops around the outside.
 Here is the straw wreath with the 2 rows of decomesh.
 I then added black tulle bows.. I just made standard floral bows with 4 loops on each side , and glued them in.
 I took orange Haloween wired ribbon , made 2 loops and glued them together , then glued them in next to the tulle. The purple flowers are actually Christmas floral pics. They are super sparkly and look fabulous in the wreath .. they just kind of look like spooky flowers :)
 I bought the word BOO in wood letters , and used mod podge to attach a book page to each. I put the letter on the book page , traced it, cut it out , then used mod podge to both attach it to the wood and as a finish for the top of the letter. I was going to use those little wooden ghosts , but I couldn't find a place to use them ..
 When the mod podge dried , I used hot glue to outline each letter , then added purple glitter to the hot glue. Since thrifting and silver trays are so popular , I added the BOO bookpage letters to this small silver tray I got at the Goodwill for 79 cents. ( If you don't have a silver tray you could also buy a piece of cutout wood, paint it silver and use that in the center.) I used hot glue to secure them to the tray. I took thin wire and stuck it in the middle of the wreath , 3 rows of it , to secure the tray to .
 When I hang our wreaths I use fishing line to attach it to the storm door.
 I made the decomesh garland last year , I think it looks fantastic with my new wreath ! I will be back this week to share my picket fence sign  Hope I gave you some spooky inspiration !
 
I love how it all came together ! I think my front porch looks pretty spooktacular !
 

My little helper :) He is getting so big !
 

Don't you love those purple flowers !!!
(The following review is part of Joann Fabrics and Craft Stores Celebrate the Season campaign. I received compensation for this review , however this is my personal , honest opinion based on my experience.)
Enjoy this coupon from Joann Fabrics !




Go to Joann's for more inspiration !  


 


 

 
Thanks for stopping by ! I appreciate all your visits and  nice comments !! Have a great day !

Linking to :

18 comments:

Unknown said...

Looks great Mom!!

Kris said...

Super Cute!!
xo

Bargain Decorating with Laurie said...

What a cute wreath. Your porch and door look so festive. And that picket fence sign is so cute. laurie

Barb said...

Your little helper almost distracts from the incredible front door!

Barb said...

Oh, I'd love to trick-or-treat at your house!! Fabulous!!!

thepaintedapron.com said...

I love this! I have been debating about doing a garland around my door~yours is adorable!
Jenna

Catherine said...

Love your craftiness!!

Liz@ HomeandGardeningWithLiz said...

Fabulous job! Your wreath turned out great- I never would have thought to use a tray like that- very creative! The garland around the door is so cute- I can imagine those visiting your home with kids trick for treating will love it! Your little cutie pie must love all this too!

Anonymous said...

Wonderful decorations, thanks for sharing your great ideas.

Have a Daily Cup of Mrs. Olson said...

Such Spooktacular fun Priscilla! You always made fab deco mesh wreaths. The kiddies will be flocking to your door! Thanks for sharing with SYC.
hugs,
Jann

Mary said...

You'll be the most popular house on the block Halloween night! So cute and clever.

You mentioned using 2 rolls of mesh, how many yards were on each roll, if you don't mind sharing.

Thank you!
Mary
http://marysflowerworks.blogspot.com

Something Nice and Pretty said...

So pretty, one of the prettiest I've seen. Love the wreath!

Sanghamitra Bhattacherjee(Mukherjee) said...

This is awesome!
Thanks for sharing.
Hope to see you on my blog:)

Jennelise said...

It looks wonderful! I absolutely love your wreath!
Jennelise

Eilis said...

How fun - I love it!
Thanks for linking up to my Fall Pinterest Link Up at my-heart-lives-here.blogspot.com

William Gulliver said...

Halloween is one of the best times of the year that allows you to challenge your creativity and style. It gives you the opportunity to revamp your home into something spooky. I like how you decorated your front door! The area looks eerie and fantastic at the same time. Now, I can’t wait to see how you will decorate it for Christmas.
William Gulliver @ Up and Above Contractors

Mila said...

Love all the violet accents!
xx
Mila
milaslittlethings.com
milawayable@gmail.com

Giovanni said...

Great display! I guess this year I'll be trying out some DIY styled decorations. The past few years my wife has been putting up the same string of lights and fake spiderwebs that her mom used when she was a kid and it's getting pretty tacky. I think we'll both be a lot more excited to try some DIY decorations!

Giovanni @ Coastal Contract Hardware