Thursday, November 28, 2013

Happy Thanksgiving !

Happy Thanksgiving !

I had to crochet up this little turkey hat for the youngest grandson yesterday .. I used the pattern for an owl hat , made the beak bigger..made leaf like shapes for the feathers and a bigger kind of wonkey leaf for that dangly red thing .. He is so adorable and he will actually pose for you now :)

We got our real tree on Tuesday , IT'S HUGE .. and decorate it last night .. of course we had to run out and buy more lights because we had several strands that weren't working. I put white light on it too for the first time .. I thought it looked pretty with both the colored lights and white mixed. Its sitting in a galvanized bucket from an estate sale that I need to get down on my knees and scrape that label off the side ! This tree is filled with all our family ornaments , some from when I was a child..all the way up to the bread dough family ornaments we get each year at the craft shows. If you look at the front of the tree towards the top , my son and husband put a purple dog toy and I didn't even see it when I took this picture .. This is the 13th tree for this year ! I need to start showing you more of them !
Hope you all have a wonderful day filled with family and friends ! I have a 26 pound turkey waiting for me ! Happy Thanksgiving !
I would love for you to follow me on Instagram, Facebook and Pinterest ..all the links are in the sidebar !
 
Linking to :

3 comments:

Barb said...

That hat is just too adorable! and your grandson is even more adorable!!!

Love your live christmas tree - gorgeous! 13 trees so far??? WOW! Please do share photos of your trees - I know they must all be so beautiful!

Hope you had a wonderful & Happy Thanksgiving!

Debbie-Dabble Blog and A Debbie-Dabble Christmas said...

Okay, that is one HUGE tree!! Looks great!!

Hugs,
Debbie

Have a Daily Cup of Mrs. Olson said...

13 trees, oh my you make my tired ache. lol! You are way too on the ball girl. That is one gorgeous big tree! The turkey hat is so darn cute. As is the little turkey wearing it. Hee-hee. Thanks for sharing with SYC.
hugs,
Jann