Friday, December 4, 2015

Dollar Tree Glittery Deer Wreath DIY

 Happy Friday!
I was in Dollar Tree a couple weeks ago to get some MORE Christmas balls.. and saw this cute vintagy.. glittery ..adorable deer sign for $1.00 ..So I knew it had to come home with me..for $1.00 :)
 I decided to make it inot a wreath for my downstairs powder room..I hang a wreath on the window in there and it is painted an aqua color..perfect!
 I used a grapevine wreath I already had.. you can see hot glue marks where it had been used before and I ripped all the stuff off and kept the wreath.. when they get faded don't toss thgem just rip it all off and add new :) I glued the ribbon hanger to the top of the wreath and tacked the sign to the wreath on the corners with hot glue. I had a evergreen piece that gets skinny on both ends... I know it came from Michaels a long time ago.. so I used that and 2 flocked sprigs on each side 70 % off at michaels ..so they were about 45 cents each .. Then I made a bow out of the leftover ribbon from doing my trees...a red gingham and a red plaid..
 Isn't it the cutest ..?.. and by using things I already had.. It cost about $3.00! and just an FYI the wreath isn't crooked my picture is!
If you would like to see what I am up to everyday join me on Instagram and my Facebook page ! I do post on both almost everyday ..Links to my Facebook page , Instagram and Pinterest are in the sidebar .. Hope to see you there ! :)

Thanks so much for all your visits and sweet comments !

Linking to these fabulous parties !

http://modvintagelife.blogspot.com//

3 comments:

CathieJ said...

I love how you craft. That is a beautiful wreath. I have to make more trips to Dollar Tree.

Annette-California said...

Beautiful! So that's how to use those floral sprigs! Thank you for sharing. love Annette

Debbie-Dabble Blog and A Debbie-Dabble Christmas said...

Great wreath!! LOVE the ribbons. i think i have to go to Michaels and see what ribbons are left...

Hugs<
Deb