Saturday, July 2, 2016

Patriotic Sugar Cookies


Today it was time to bake the cookies!
Flags..bunting..stars..hearts.. houses..trucks and even chickens got the red white and blue icing today..

I made 2 double batches of the Mrs. Fields sugar cookie recipe and this is the amount that was made.. I use royal icing to decorate. I found out after I went to the store for the red and blue food coloring that I didn't have any pastry bags... So I knew I had seen someone decorate cookies using zip locs bags and just cutting the tip a little bit. So , that is what I did.. Loaded up zip loc bags and decorated..
I used the truck cookie cutter with the tree in back and cut the tip of the tree off a little and made the tree into a flag .. they look pretty cute :) I love the little buntings.. those are just a circle cutter then cut in half..
Hope you are having a great weekend!
 If you would like to see what I am up to everyday join me on Instagram and my Facebook page ! I do post on both almost everyday ..Links to my Facebook page , Instagram and Pinterest are in the sidebar .. Hope to see you there ! :)

Thanks so much for all your visits and sweet comments !

Linking to these fabulous parties ! http://jannolson.blogspot.com/
http://modvintagelife.blogspot.com//

7 comments:

Unknown said...

To pretty to eat, but I'll have one anyways:). Happy 4th of July!
Kathleen in Az

Rachel said...

Such beautiful cookies, what an inspiration!! Loving the design of your site for the holidays.:)

FABBY'S LIVING said...

Oh my, your patriotic cookies are adorable! I might not want to eat them, sooo very cute!
Have a fun and happy 4th.
FABBY

Lynn said...

They turned out great-love the chickens! Happy 4th of July:@)

Vickie said...

The buntings are my favorite! The trucks with the flags are adorable! Happy 4th!!

Robin in Virginia said...

What fabulous looking cookies you created, Priscilla! They are really too pretty to eat. Enjoy the rest of your holiday weekend!

Carol said...

Ha ha--love the chicken cookies! Everything looks fabulous, Priscilla--I'm sure your cookies are the hit of any get-together :)