Saturday, September 9, 2017

Squirrel Stitching

Good morning!
I finished stitching Plum Street Samplers A Bowl Full Of Scaries.. Scary 2 this week and finished it up last night..
This chart came with the floss but it was supposed to be stitched on 36 count with one thread and since I stitch on 28 count with 2 threads I ran out.. I didn't have the same thread called for so Ronnie helped me make some substitutions:) I used the Classic Colorworks Fallen Leaves for all the big leaves on the top ..filled in the 2 biggest leaves with Classic Colorworks Joshua Tree and used DMC 935 for the tops of the 4 acorns hanging from the leaves.. It is stitched on 28 count tea/coffee dyed evenweave..
I like to buy the little wicker picnic hampers when I see them at Goodwill to use for decorating.. since I don't want this piece to be permanently attached I  made a loop of fabric to hang over the handle .. I added a bow of burlap and 2 different homespun fabrics..2 fall picks were also added in the handle .. none of it is glued down.

I mounted the stitching on sticky board , and mounted black check homespun on another piece of sticky board and glued those two together..

***Please... If you copy my finishes .. please tag my blog or facebook page and give credit to my finishing.. Thank you ..***

If you would  like to see what I am up to everyday join me on Instagram and my Facebook page ! I do post on both almost everyday ..Links to my Facebook page , Instagram and Pinterest are in the sidebar .. Hope to see you there ! :)
                                                http://jannolson.blogspot.com/
                                           http://www.jenniferrizzo.com/
http://www.funkyjunkinteriors.net/

4 comments:

Chrissie B said...

Darling as always!!!!

Unknown said...

Your Autumn stichery is scary cute! Ronnie was very helpful:). Kathleen in Az

shirley flavell said...

Fabulous, a real treat to see.

Barb said...

What a cute Fall design. You did a great job of substituting the floss!