Saturday, January 6, 2018

Forest Snowfall Wreath

 Happy New Year!~
I have  had a busy week taking down Christmas and getting the winter decor out.. I did manage to finish this Forest Snowfall from Country Cottage Needleworks yesterday!
 I had this flocked wreath hanging on my basement door after I took down the Christmas wreath and decided it was the perfect place for the Forest Snowfall piece! This was a stitchalong with Chelsea and I that started on December 28.. It was a fun, fast and pretty piece to stitch!
I mounted it on sticky board.. and then mounted a piece of red ticking on sticky board.. glued those 2  pieces together and then glued a long piece of ribbon on the back to tie it to the wreath .. Much easier than gluing.. I wanted the red since I love blue and red together for winter..It is stitched on  28 count light blue evenweave that I tea / coffee dyed..
I added a little battery opperated glitter house to the top with lots of white snowy looking picks.. a couple of pinecone pics and red plaid ribbon..It is so pretty and looks like the perfect winter wreath!

****Please remember if you copy my finishing ideas that you be considerate and give a link to my blog or facebook page..****
This weeks Flosstube...

 If you would  like to see what I am up to everyday join me on Instagram and my Facebook page ! I do post on both almost everyday ..Links to my Facebook page , Instagram and Pinterest are in the sidebar .. Hope to see you there ! :)
                                                http://jannolson.blogspot.com/
                                           http://www.jenniferrizzo.com/
http://www.funkyjunkinteriors.net/


8 comments:

Marge said...

Another beautiful creation... I haven't finished my Forest Snowfall yet. I'm thinking that I'll put it on an easel in a tablescape. My usual thanks for all of your sharing of ideas. I am always inspired.

Unknown said...

So pretty! The lighted house warms the winter wreath. Kathleen in Az

Ginny said...

Very pretty finish! At the rate I'm going, it will be next winter before I finish Forest Snowfall!

Carla said...

Beautiful!!

http://thankfullga447 said...

Another amazing finish, I have this on my list but I need to do some Valentine's day. I hope to do a box of little pillows.

Carol said...

I absolutely LOVE this finish, Priscilla--what a wonderfully creative mind you have :) The little lit-up house makes a perfect accent!

DianeM said...

It's so nice to come here & see your finished piece, it's lovely!. I have just got down to & finished the first row of windows on the house...I was surprised to see how big this piece is! I can't wait to finish it & move on to more CCN & LHN projects <3

Patti said...

I've been going back through your videos since the beginning, now that I have found your floss tube :) I absolutely adore everything about this wreath! Gorgeous! I may have to stitch this in the coming winter days...
Blessings, Patti